Scientists reverse brain damage on a toddler – is what the headlines reads on a news video on Good Morning America, USA Today, ABC News and other media.
It is described as a medical breakthrough, as doctors use oxygen therapy to partially reverse brain damage that incurred after a two-year old child had fallen into a family pool, in Arkansas. The child was unable to talk or walk after the damage. The family turned to Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy, which was applied to the child for 55 days and the results were astounding. She is now able to be alert, eat, speak and has only mild residual injury remaining.
Not A New Treatment
Although, this is not a new treatment, there hasn’t been a lot of random clinical controlled trials around the treatment. Having said that it, is a low-risk procedure which has shown positive results and many benefits.
Doctors around the country, that know and use this technique have long known about the benefits and its success capabilities.
New Life Medical Group Breakthroughs
At New Life Medical Group, we have seen our own breakthroughs and regularly receive calls from parents treating children for incidents as this, as well as adults as well.
One such story is that of a child who began HBOT, and after 40 sessions had regained the ability to speak and eat and walk. She was accepted into therapy at the Shepard Center in Atlanta for the physical therapy that helped her continue her recovery. She will go back to high school in a few weeks.
Such success stories solidify why we do what we do.
In our experience, we have learned that the sooner that treatment is applied after an injury, the better the results.
To learn more about HBOT and what conditions it may be beneficial go to: http://newlifemedicalgroup.com/hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy/
When someone can’t control the urge to take drugs, even when they know how bad it is for them, this is called an addiction. Often, as a person starts or tries a new drug, they don’t plan to get addicted. People commonly believe they will be able control how often they take them. However, drugs change the brain and can quickly take over someone’s life.
Addiction is a chronic recurring illness that can cause damage to the organs, and in particular, the brain. Addiction involves the mesolimbic dopamine system which includes the surveillance-oriented brainstem, the emotional limbic system, and the frontal cerebral cortex.
At New Life Medical Group, the treatment protocol for addiction is a combination of Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), IV therapy, supplements and if needed, cell therapy.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has been used for many different types of brain damage, including but not limited to concussions, PTSD, and strokes. It is also used as an adjuvant therapy for addiction.
- IV Therapy: IV Therapy can deliver fluids and liquid vitamins and medications directly into a vein. This delivers them quickly throughout the body.
- Stem Cell Therapy: Stem Cell Therapy is a regenerative medicine that uses some of your own body’s tissue to help heal disease and injury. In combination with traditional procedures and treatments, regenerative medicine has had an astonishing success rate in healing bone, joint, soft tissue, and muscle and nerve injuries.
Benefits of NLMG Treatment
NLMG treatment protocol is meant to help patients quickly overcome the withdrawal symptoms and start the healing process. It is not a substitute for group or individual therapy and lifestyle changes. With that said, some noteworthy benefits of NLMG treatment include:
- In narcotic addiction and dependency, patients are able to come off their drugs in days to a week with minimal withdrawals and preservation of organs (Epifanova NM Anesteziol Reanimatol 1995, May-Jun(3):34-9S).
- Some of the organ damage to the liver and brain, caused by alcohol, can be reversed with treatment options offered at NLMG.
- Patients with a nicotine addiction may also benefit from these treatments. The effects of carbon monoxide associated with smoking can make it more difficult to quit a nicotine addiction. After a person quits smoking, it takes 3-4 days for the carbon monoxide level to decrease to normal levels. HBOT can eliminate the carbon monoxide in hours and help bypass the difficult 3-4 days after quitting smoking. In addition, HBOT can be used to reverse some of the effects of chronic carbon monoxide poisoning that result in changes in the circulatory system.
New Life Medical Group in Jackson, TN, serving Nashville, TN, provides help to those who have become addicted or dependent on narcotics, alcohol and even smoking either by choices made by them or others. Let us help you start a journey towards a new, healthy life. 866-892-6262
Lyme disease is transmitted to humans through an infected tick and is most often caused by the bacterium, borrelia burgdorfern (Bb spirochete). In the United States, the black-legged tick (Ixodes Scapularis) and the western black-legged tick (Ixodes pacificans) are the most common ticks to infect humans. Other ticks that have been found to be infected with the Bb spirochete bacteria are the wood rat tick (Ixodes neotomae) and the rabbit tick (Haemaphysolis porispalastris).
Symptoms of Lyme Disease
The first symptom of Lyme disease is a local rash (erythema migrans), but it is not always present and it can be overlooked. In the EARLY PHASE (inflammatory phase,) flu-like symptoms, headaches, stiff neck, mild fever, chills, muscles aches and fatigue are seen. These symptoms are very non-specific and mimic other diseases. Lyme disease needs to be considered as a possibility if the flu-like symptoms persist over weeks. The LATE PHASE (intracellular phase) of Lyme disease occurs when the bacterium is in the organ (skin, muscles, eyes, heart, brain, etc.). Symptoms in this phase might include neurological dysfunction, cognitive disorders, sleep abnormalities, muscles aches, cardiac problems, etc. These late symptoms also imitate other illness such as fibromyalgia. These characteristics of Lyme disease have given rise to the term “great imitator” to describe this disease process.
What Is Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy has the extraordinary ability to improve your quality of life when standard medicine is simply not working or as a supplement to traditional medicine. Simple, effective and lifesaving, HBOT can be your answer to recovery. New Life Medical Group is one of the only freestanding facilities that has the matchless ability to provide hyperbaric oxygen therapy in conjunction with other treatments for a more cohesive, effective and long-term result. Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) is the only non-hormonal treatment approved by the FDA for biologically repairing and regenerating human tissue.
Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy for Lyme Disease
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy works by driving oxygen into infected cells, thereby creating a rich environment of oxygen that is not suitable to the Bb spirochete. While at the Texas A&M University, William Fife, Ph.D., treated Lyme disease with HBOT at 2.36ATA (atmospheres absolute). Of 91 patients with Lyme disease, 85% of those treated showed significant improvement. A Jarisch-Herxheimer reaction during hyperbaric oxygen therapy and/or while on antibiotics is a sign that the Bb spirochete is being killed. As with all patients facing a serious illness, Lyme disease patients have learned that they need to be informed about treatment options. Especially if standard antibiotic treatment has not helped sufficiently, patients should explore alternative options.
Do you feel you can benefit from hyperbaric oxygen therapy? Call New Life Medical Group today to schedule an appointment. 866-892-6262