When someone can’t control the urge to take drugs, even when they know how bad it is for them, this is called an addiction. Often, as a person starts or tries a new drug, they don’t plan to get addicted. People commonly believe they will be able control how often they take them. However, drugs change the brain and can quickly take over someone’s life.
Addiction is a chronic recurring illness that can cause damage to the organs, and in particular, the brain. Addiction involves the mesolimbic dopamine system which includes the surveillance-oriented brainstem, the emotional limbic system, and the frontal cerebral cortex.
At New Life Medical Group, the treatment protocol for addiction is a combination of Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), IV therapy, supplements and if needed, cell therapy.
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy: Hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT) has been used for many different types of brain damage, including but not limited to concussions, PTSD, and strokes. It is also used as an adjuvant therapy for addiction.
- IV Therapy: IV Therapy can deliver fluids and liquid vitamins and medications directly into a vein. This delivers them quickly throughout the body.
- Stem Cell Therapy: Stem Cell Therapy is a regenerative medicine that uses some of your own body’s tissue to help heal disease and injury. In combination with traditional procedures and treatments, regenerative medicine has had an astonishing success rate in healing bone, joint, soft tissue, and muscle and nerve injuries.
Benefits of NLMG Treatment
NLMG treatment protocol is meant to help patients quickly overcome the withdrawal symptoms and start the healing process. It is not a substitute for group or individual therapy and lifestyle changes. With that said, some noteworthy benefits of NLMG treatment include:
- In narcotic addiction and dependency, patients are able to come off their drugs in days to a week with minimal withdrawals and preservation of organs (Epifanova NM Anesteziol Reanimatol 1995, May-Jun(3):34-9S).
- Some of the organ damage to the liver and brain, caused by alcohol, can be reversed with treatment options offered at NLMG.
- Patients with a nicotine addiction may also benefit from these treatments. The effects of carbon monoxide associated with smoking can make it more difficult to quit a nicotine addiction. After a person quits smoking, it takes 3-4 days for the carbon monoxide level to decrease to normal levels. HBOT can eliminate the carbon monoxide in hours and help bypass the difficult 3-4 days after quitting smoking. In addition, HBOT can be used to reverse some of the effects of chronic carbon monoxide poisoning that result in changes in the circulatory system.
New Life Medical Group in Jackson, TN, serving Nashville, TN, provides help to those who have become addicted or dependent on narcotics, alcohol and even smoking either by choices made by them or others. Let us help you start a journey towards a new, healthy life. 866-892-6262